Sunday, October 26, 2008

Allen Technology While in Africa

For years I've been trying to make this dream of Africa work out for our family and the biggest obstacle has been trying to build a business that will not only sustain itself in my absence, I want it to grow.

This simple concept has been extremely difficult to attain and only through the amazing assistance and persistence of my team members has the dream finally appeared to be possible.

We have made amazing strides within Allen Technology Advising. We used to be a break fix computer company and now have almost completed the transition to become a managed service provider, providing partial and full outsourced IT services to small and medium sized businesses. Our new web site, http://www.allenit.com , is setup to help explain the changes that our business has gone through.

There are now 10 staff members, including Kathleen and myself, working on the Allen Technology Advising team and we are focused more than ever on customer service, customer appreciation and technical prowess.

While I've setup my business to hopefully grow in my absence I do intend to communicate weekly with staff hopefully using Skype and to monitor africa@allenit.com (my e-mail while in Africa) while I am gone (ATA staff will be reviewing my business e-mail in my absence).

No comments: